While I'm ecstatic to have a daughter (and another one on the way) and we are now well into the threes, our toddler's flair for the dramatic is coming out FULL FORCE. Especially this weekend. Holy Moly.
Maybe it was partly because she got another cold and wasn't feeling that great. Maybe it because my patience level is L-O-W. Maybe it was the pouring down rain that happened throughout the weekend. But whatever it was, the weekend attitude was a little rough. Probably on both of our parts. But the DRAMA and TEARS and LISTENING REFUSAL...oh my. Oh my, oh my, oh my.
Anyway...on to the weekend.
Saturday
We woke up to a really cool thunderstorm and spent some time in the morning watching for lightening and listening for thunder.
| Notice the lovely piles of dirt and construction things? Yeah, that is what our street will look like for the next month. Thanks St Paul. |
In order to minimize the damage to our clean and organized house, Chris took her to G-ma and G-pa's house for a bit and she got to have quality bonding time with Kona.
| Callie: I LOVE YOU KONA Kona: HELP ME, DADDY |
| "Reading" to Avery |
Next, there was a nap that was WAY too short, as I saw this face after only about 45 minutes.
| This does not bode well for the evening plans |
| Charlie- just being a ninja Callie- being a drama queen |
Sunday
Thankfully today was fairly less dramatic. We started the morning early feeling Hamsie hiccups for the first time...so fun...and then Sunday school. After a nap at the condo, we headed to Anna's graduation party in the pouring rain! But someone had a smile despite the crazy weather.
| Rain Rain, Go Away! |
| Congrats Anna! |
We ended the evening watching "Baby Dance," a video that Cal got for Christmas (or maybe birthday?) from Boom and Bops. It is a video that has a half dozen different "dances" led by a very exuberant Miss Theresa. Callie normally just likes to watch and occasionally tries to do a couple of the moves. But tonight she was TOTALLY into it. And it was adorable. So of course, I had to take a couple videos.
Baby Dance 1 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.
Baby Dance 2 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.
Isn't she talented? Hahaha. As someone who LOVED dance classes from when I was a 4-year-old all the way through high school, it makes me so excited to start her in dance class in a year or two. And as someone who
Hamsie Update: 31 Weeks! According to Baby Center, she measures over 16 inches long and weighs about 3.3 pounds. She can turn her head from side to side and is getting plumper. My doc said she'll gain about a half a pound a week until the end. Yikes! I feel like I'm already huge, so the thought of adding 4 more pounds of baby in there seems CRAZY. Sleep is definitely getting harder as I have to toss and turn a lot to stay comfortable, but tossing and turning is a feat unto itself. That usually is accompanied by groaning. Or grunting. I'm the absolute opposite of dainty these days, but I'm okay with it. I'm clumsy and bump in to things with my stomach a lot. Including students at school. When I teach, I usually sit on a bean bag with my student(s) and it is getting more entertaining for them to watch me get up. I am getting short of breath- when I'm sitting and reading with Callie, I have to take breaks with her squishing on my lap and Hamsie squishing my lungs. I'm slow going up stairs, but can still make it down stairs pretty quickly. Despite all the weird things, it's all good. Hamsie moves around like crazy and I'm happy despite the crazy stuff that is going on with my body.
This upcoming week is going to be crazy busy. I have an overnight trip to Arizona for work, and then my cousin Karl is getting married next weekend! Can't wait to see all the crazy Ekebergs!
No comments:
Post a Comment