Sunday, May 5, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up: The Work Weekend- Part 2

We are getting THISCLOSE to being ready to put our house on the market, thanks (once again) to our amazing family members who came over to help us this weekend!

Seriously, we're so close...so so so close.  A stager came on Saturday morning to go through our house and tell us how to make it look the best it can.  She was really helpful, and very complimentary.  Maybe she says it to all her clients, but we kept hearing "Oh! Cute!" or "Oh this is darling!"  I hope that bodes well for being able to sell it quickly.  We have a few little things we need to get to spruce it up, and a couple more things to do in our office and the back porch.  And then some major deep cleaning.  And then get pictures taken.  And then have someone from the city come and make sure it is sell-able.  And then get the for sale sign, get it online, and away we go!  I might have missed a few steps, but I think I got it for the most part.

So, as I alluded to from the blog post title, we WORKED this weekend (I call this Part 2 because, while I didn't work last weekend, everyone else did).  And worked and worked and worked some more.  I took some pictures of our progress, and put it in a little collage so as to not have a million pictures of just our house stuff.  People were working hard!



The living room was rearranged, the upstairs bedrooms were cleaned and organized, the kitchen was painted, rearranged and organized, the guest room was cleaned and organized, the basement laundry/workroom was cleaned, organized and shelves were put up, the family room in the basement was cleaned and organized, and the trim on the outside upstairs window was repainted along with our address numbers.  WHEW.  Our house hasn't look this good...ever.



I was definitely in the nesting mode and had much more energy to do things than I have had the past month.  I was also (at times) on toddler duty while other people were doing major work, so it was nice to be able to have an excuse to take a break and hang out with my girl.  She's been a bit weepier than normal.  I'm sure she is having a hard time understanding all the changes that are happening and everything else. 

But she had a fun overnight at G-ma and G-pa's on Friday night so Chris and I could get ready for and meet with the stager.
Yummy breakfast

Cuddles with Pa
On Saturday we also managed to have lunch out with friends (though I didn't take pictures, bah!) and a trip to the park.



Notice the coat?  Yeah, it was still COLD here in MN yesterday.  Today has been better.

After nap time today the Helds came over and we played and had our first grill-out for the season.  Rolling down the hill was a big hit.

Mabel and Callie at the bottom of the hill

Neither one looks like they are actually rolling, but they did get the hang of it.

There she goes!
It was LOVELY to be outside without coats on.  It wasn't too hot, so I wasn't uncomfortable, and there was a nice breeze and spring smell in the air.  I hope hope hope that this weather is here to stay.

Hamsie Update: 29 weeks!  Eeeeeeek!  Third trimester!  Eeeeeeeek!  She is approximately 2.5 pounds and a little over 15 inches long.  Baby center says "your baby's head is growing bigger to make room for that developing brain."  Gulp.  If our first child is any indication (solid 98th percentile head throughout her first three years), I'm in trouble.  My doctor promises this one will be easier... hopefully with a lot less need for a vacuum.  Anyway. 

 Shall I keep going?

Callie Update: Whining.  Oh my goodness the whining is in full swing.  She has got the whiny voice down to a science and I guess we just need to get used to it for the next 15 years.  But she also is a lot more into cuddling now, which rocks.  She was never a super cuddly baby or toddler, so when I hear "Mom, I want to cuddle," my heart gets all melty and we find the nearest couch or chair to snuggle up on. 

Kona Update: She still loves drinking water, eating and laying in the sun.  She has been walking with a little limp at times.  We can't tell if she is faking it because other times she'll run around like a crazy dog just fine.  Maybe she is all confused with the changes too.

Chris Update: He's a house-working machine.  He's making things happen on the house front and I'm just so thankful that I have him to handle all that stuff.  He's our rock.  And he got to go hit golf balls for the first time and his shoulder feels pretty good. 

Kati Update: I'm large.  I waddle.  I groan when I stand up or switch sleeping positions at night.  But other than that, I'm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment