Sunday, November 4, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

This was an all around lovely weekend.

Remember during October when I was struggling with toddler girl drama? And said that Callie was a total Daddy's girl?

Well, the past few days allowed my toddler and I a lot time to have fun together and get back on the same page.  She still may be a Daddy's girl, but I think I can safely say she's a Mommy's girl too.  And I'm so thankful.

Friday
We had a great family night at home watching the T-Wolves game.

Giggles

Someone is SPOILED

Go Timberwolves!!!
Saturday
Cal and I spent the morning at the Children's Museum with Jenna, Charlie and Mabel.  It was the first time I had been there since the summer, and it was AMAZING because I didn't feel like I had to be a helicopter parent the whole time.  In each room, Jenna and I could chat while the toddlers ran off and explored and played. Crazy and awesome!!!


That afternoon we spent some time at the condo and Callie asked Bops to do one of her favorite things- the iPad.





At one point, Bops put on Billy Joel (the same album that my sisters and I used to go crazy and dance to) and Callie had fun showing us her moves.



Sunday
The time change went fairly well.  Cal slept til about 6:20am, so it wasn't too early.  At least is wasn't 5am early.  So today there was Sunday school, hanging at home, going to the park, and going to Red Balloon Bookshop and out to dinner with G-ma and G-pa. 

Look at those long legs!

Sweet smile

Beautiful eyes

Fun at the bookshop
Tomorrow is a special day for a couple of reasons...

First, tomorrow is Nana's birthday!  Have a wonderful day, Nana!

Second, our friends Josh and Alison are going in to have their baby tomorrow!  We'll be thinking about you guys and can't wait to hear the exciting news.

That's about all from here...our thoughts and prayers are with all those effected by Hurricane Sandy on the east coast.  Between the news of that devastation, and the election craziness, I've been feeling very thankful for what we have and how lucky we are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment