Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Rock the Vote

I've stayed pretty quiet about politics this election season. And I'll be honest...I haven't paid much attention to all the hubbub. I avoid the commercials on T.V. and the radio. I don't read the latest polls or listen to pundits saying this or that. I watched parts of the debates but the very nature of them made my Minnesota Nice personality uncomfortable.

There are many issues as part of this election season that I care about, but I have a hard time talking about them publicly.

I don't like conflict and I don't like to rock the boat.

But today I'm going to rock the vote.






I'm rocking the vote for my daughter, so she can live her life in a world that allows her to be her adorable self, no matter what.

And today, whether you vote red or blue, or yes or no, I hope you can do so with gratitude in your heart that you have this opportunity. 

Worry and anger and fear of the unknown can get in the way of living our lives the way we want to live them. Today our nation will be divided in a way that makes it difficult to bridge the gap.  But one thing Pastor Beth said at church on Sunday keeps going through my head: "Remember that no matter what happens on Tuesday, we are all still brothers and sisters in Christ on Wednesday."

Finally, in the midst of the chaos and stress that you may be feeling today, sometimes you might just want to make like a toddler and relax for a bit- Hakuna Matata-style.







No comments:

Post a Comment