Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Potty Training QOTD

If you read the title of this blog post thinking I was going to tell you that we're all potty trained over at our house, sorry to disappoint you. We've gotten NOTHING accomplished.

Here is an excerpt of a conversation I had with Callie when she was in the bathtub yesterday:

Me: Remember, no going potty in the bathtub!  Tell Mommy if you have to go potty and you can go in the big potty!
Callie: And I could get a popsicle!
Me: Yes!  If you go potty in the big potty you can have a popsicle!  Do you want to go potty?
Callie: No. 
Me: Okay.
Callie: But I could have a lollipop!
Me: Yes! If you go potty in the big potty you can have a lollipop!  Do you want to go potty?
Callie: No
Me: Okay.  Remember, no potty in the bath tub.
Callie: If I got potty I could have a M&M!
Me: Yes!  Do you want to go potty?
Callie: No.

So there you have it.  She knows what she can get (all the treats that she LOVES) but just isn't ready to commit yet.

And, frankly, I'm not either.  We have two trips coming up in July, and I just don't want to deal with it quite yet.  Diapers will be much easier for traveling. 

So we're pushing it off until August and we'll see what happens then.

1 comment:

  1. Given the timing of Baby a, I don't think Teddy will be trained until he's like 16. Whatev. I have decided to bury my head in the sand on this one.

    ReplyDelete