Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

It is May.

The time of the school year where the end is in sight, but feels SO far away.

The time of year where one day you can wear shorts and a tank top and the next you have to wear layers.

Such an in-between time and I like it and hate it at the same time.

Those are just my ramblings.  On to the weekend.

Friday
Chris went golfing, so I headed over to the condo after work and Cal and I hung out and had dinner with Boom, Bops, Auntie Yoda and Auntie Mari.  After dinner we decided to get frozen yogurt at Menchies!
YUM!!!
Saturday
While I went with Mary to a bridal shower, Chris took Callie to Charlie's 2nd birthday party!  Callie was VERY excited to pick out Charlie's gift and go over to his house.  She was really hoping for birthday hats, and it looks like she got her wish!
Callie and the Birthday Boy!

It was an "Up" themed birthday party- lots of balloons!
On Saturday afternoon, Callie had a shopping date with Grandma while Chris, Bob and I went to Menards to begin looking at stuff for redoing our bathroom.  Stay tuned!  Looks like Callie got the good end of the deal- she shared Gelato with G-ma!
This girl has a sweet tooth
Saturday night we went to pick up a fun new outdoor playhouse that I had ordered earlier in the week.  We got it home and put it together with about 10 minutes to spare before bedtime.  Hopefully this will be a fun place to play this summer.  I'll let her give you a tour:



Sunday
We took a family trip to the zoo this morning.



After an ALMOST 3 HOUR NAP (!!!!!!!) we took it easy, did yard work, and hung out in the playhouse again, this time getting a little stuck.
This picture makes me laugh
I got to enjoy a toddler-free dinner out with Jenna (baby girl is due in the next couple weeks!!!) and Bethany and then headed to church, where Callie was WIRED and my mom spoke as part of the sermon about the importance of our church community.  It was wonderful.

I'll leave you with a fun fact: It was today, 6 years ago, that we brought home our little 8-week-old puppy Kona Hope.

2 comments:

  1. Two thoughts: love that pic with the penguins; and 6 years ago?!?!?! Holy cow time flies! Oh and a third thought- excited to hear about the bathroom reno. We have a total kitchen reno coming soon. As in sledgehammer to everything and taking down a wall. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you hiring out the job to redo your bathroom? OR doing it yourself? Either way, we might talk pointers. I want to redo ours (new sink, paint, window and put in a fan - our tile work and tub are fine). ALSO - your yard looks great! Can I hire Callie to come pull our weeds?

    ReplyDelete