This weekend has been something else.
Friday
Callie's first Mother's day present to me was getting pink eye in both eyes so I could stay home from work on Friday and get extra time with her. She was a trooper as we ran around to minute clinics and pediatricians and pharmacies to get everything we needed. We spent the evening celebrating Mom's Day with my mom, dad and sisters. Callie got some good snuggles with Boom.
She also got a little crazy, we are guessing from the eye drops, and she showcased the crazy without pants on.
Saturday
Though the eye drop battle didn't get easier, her eyes certainly cleared up and she looked MUCH better by Saturday morning. We spent the afternoon over at G-ma and G-pa's house celebrating Papa's birthday, G-pa's birthday and Mother's Day. It was beautiful weather and a fun time with family!
| Lawn games! |
| Hanging out with Uncle Dan |
| The birthday Grandpas |
Saturday night was a little rough. There was some sort of house party going on a block away and they were playing ridiculously loud music until about 9pm. I felt like I was living in a dorm again. It made bed time a battle since the thumping bass was clearly audible in Cal's room. She finally fell asleep, but then was up a few times between 11pm and midnight coughing like crazy. Poor little girl.
Sunday
Mother's Day! Chris has been training for months to be a police reserve volunteer, and this morning was his first gig- directing traffic for the Susan G. Koman Walk/Run for the Cure. So he left the house by 5:30am and I got my next Mother's Day gift from Callie- sleeping in til 7:45! Later in the morning we headed to the condo and walked up to a park with Boom and Bops.
| Bumpy slide |
| Water for Kona |
| My girl |
After nap time, we went to the dog park (or as Callie calls it, the "dog show!") and enjoyed seeing all the other dogs. (Video taken by new phone, so it is HUGE...haven't figured out how to use it that well yet!)
We ended the evening with bath time and another eye drop battle. I'll be calling our doctor tomorrow to get the oral medication instead of the eye drops. We won't be able to survive another week of 2-drops-per-eye-four-times-per-day battles...ooooooofta!
There 3.5 weeks left of the school year. Unbelievable. I love my job, but this spring has been brutally busy. I can't wait for a couple of months where the stress in my life is purely toddler-related. I can totally handle that. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment