Sunday, August 21, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up: The End of Summer

We managed to stay pretty darn busy the last few days of summer break.  Friday night we went to try out a water park that is super close to our house (why didn't we go there earlier????).  It was fun, but the temperature dropped about 10 degrees when we got there, so it was pretty cold.
Mommy it is COLD!

Oh well!

Warming up with Daddy
On Saturday we went to a beautiful outdoor wedding in Stillwater.  We managed to take a nice picture in the evening before we left (VERY early because I had to get up VERY early this morning!).

While we were away having fun adult conversations without having to worry about a toddler running around, the certain toddler hung out with MorMor and Bops and had fun of her own!
Playing at the park

A fun game: Where's Callie?
Cheering on the Lynx- courtside!

Checking out the court at the half.
This morning I got up and ran the half marathon I've been training all summer for.  I did it, and got a PR!  I finished in 2 hours 5 minutes 44 seconds.  I think my best time before that was 2 hours 7 minutes, and that was a few years ago.  So I am really happy with how it went, and once again very thankful for all the people who came out to support me.  And I know there were plenty of people who couldn't be there that were thinking of me and sending good vibes my way, so thank you too!
Beautiful morning for a run!

Terrible picture of me, but my #1 cheerleader was there!

Sweaty and Happy
The rest of the day was spent eating, going to Chris' cousin Sarah's bridal shower, and relaxing at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  Callie had fun feeding Kona, bumping trees outside, and playing a new game with Grandpa.
Scoop...and...

ooooops!  Good thing Kona is patient.

Tree bumps

New game...put the rings in the bucket slots.
And now, bring on the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment