Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thankful

The past 24 hours I have been fairly immobilized. I threw my back out at the wading pool yesterday (How does that happen, you ask? I have no idea.). Usually I don't get too concerned because I am used to having back issues, but this time was different. I couldn't do much except either sit or lay down, which doesn't really work while being in charge of a busy toddler.

So I dropped her off with my mom in hopes that I just needed a few hours to relax and stretch and would be fine. After a couple of hours it was clear that that was not going to happen, so I left a frantic voice mail with my chiropractor Leslie, who was willing to see me this morning ON HER DAY OFF! Reason I'm thankful #1. Thank you Leslie!

Chris ended up staying home from softball because I knew it would be impossible to put Callie to bed and all that goes along with that. Reason I'm thankful #2. My husband is the best.

I didn't really sleep that well. I spent most of the night trying to find a comfortable position in bed, but it wasn't happening. There was consistent pain no matter how I laid down. I can't imagine living with chronic pain. Reason I'm thankful #3. I know that my back can be fixed.

This morning I still could hardly move, so Chris had to run around and get Callie and himself ready and then took Cal over to my mom's again, who is keeping her most of the day so I can recover. Reason I'm thankful #4. My family is amazing.

My chiropractor appointment was fabulous and I felt better as soon as I left. It isn't back to normal, but I know I'm on the way there. Reason #5 I'm thankful. Well, really I'm just redundantly thankful. See #1 and #3.

So I'm thankful. Because 24 hours of not being able to scoop up this little Punkin Head and hugging and kissing her has been B.R.U.T.A.L.

No comments:

Post a Comment