Monday, January 18, 2021

Weekend Wrap-Up

It's Monday!  We had a pretty lazy long weekend, and I'm okay with it.  

On Saturday morning, there seemed to be some sort of committee meeting held on our deck. And then Maya and I enjoyed an outdoor adventure with Luna.


Chris began the process of making a homemade bolognese sauce, and Callie was clearly very excited to help him squish the tomatoes.  Later, the meal was delicious!

But back to the afternoon- Maya and I dropped Callie off for a sleepover with Boom and she brought all her JellyCat animals.  She looked pretty silly in the elevator...ha!  Then we had a movie night with Maya and went out for a walk before bed.  She created the little "Snow Blob."



Callie had a fun time with Boom, and was spoiled as per usual.  Speaking of spoilage, Maya conned her dad into paying for things at her "store," filled with things she already owned that we ALREADY BOUGHT HER.  She scored $2 and apparently plans to diversify her store offerings.


Yesterday afternoon we went on our weekly outdoor adventure with G-ma, Pa, Auntie Cat, Uncle Dan, Auntie Hanna, Mitchell and Shambles! It's fun to explore new outdoor places around the cities.  And it is something we would have never done if we weren't forced outdoors.  Once again I'm grateful for a mild winter so far (FINGERS CROSSED).


Last night we had another movie night and Luna was awkward.


Today we were all off and home and just kind of putzed around.  We probably should have been more productive than we were, but there was some laundry folded and dishes done.  And I finished my Aladdin puzzle!



After dinner we met friends at an ice rink. They had an extra pair so Callie gave it a try! 



It’s a big week for our country and I’m not sure how to articulate the importance of this moment. So I’m just praying for peace this week and beyond. 


No comments:

Post a Comment