Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Inauguration Day 2021

Happy Inauguration Day!!!

I am so grateful to have been able to work at home and see the Inauguration Ceremony live.  

There was a beautiful sunrise to start the day! 


I wore my Kamala shirt and was so excited to see the new administration arrive at the capitol.




And then the ceremony began and it was beautiful!







I posted the picture on the left (below) today because I’m just SO EXCITED about Vice President Harris. We took that picture back in November. So much has happened since then. 


The celebration today was so hopeful. This morning I tried finding the Kamala shirts for the girls to wear, but of course in the madness of getting ready it didn’t happen. But I think the shirts they chose for the day are still VERY appropriate. Maya’s is a quote from the show “Hamilton”- YOUNG, SCRAPPY, AND HUNGRY. And Callie’s says STAY MAGICAL.

My favorite part of the Inaugural was the poet Amanda Gorman's performance.  And let’s hope that President Biden’s message of hope and unity can start to heal our country and bring back its magic! 








No comments:

Post a Comment