Friday, September 4, 2020

A Picture Update

Happy Friday!  This was the last official week of the girls' summer...distance learning for 5th grade and 2nd grade starts on Tuesday!  More on that later...here's a few pics of the week:

Monday- fun day at Boom's house with Mila!



Tuesday- we had virtual meetings with the girls' teachers!  We got a handle on their distance learning schedules and hopefully all will go smoothly next week.


And fun with neighbors and Maya got some 1-on-1 time with G-ma, Pa and Luna! (Oh, and Callie's neighbor boy pal "picked her up" to go to the big soccer field near our house to watch his little brother's soccer game...SO CUTE)



Wednesday- day of fun with G-ma and Pa at a farm!


Chris cooked me two homemade meals this week and (some of) my crabbiness/stress was explained at 5:45am Wednesday morning with the full moon.


Thursday- when I got to work I got a pretty cute message.


And the girls took some random and funny pics of their own.



Friday- a fun morning at Boom's house with Lucy!


And a beautiful evening walk/bike ride.




I spent the week in Zoom meetings and social distanced/masked other meetings learning all about new COVID procedures and it was exhausting and my brain was just mush by 4pm every day.  



The girls provided some opportunities for my mush brain to be further extended, by asking smart and tough questions throughout the week.  I think I did ok answering them, but I was definitely stretched.  Examples include: Mom, how do you know if heaven is really real if you can't see it?  (my response: that's what faith is...believing in something even if you can't prove it).  Mom, if you could have lunch with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be? (my response: my dad).  Mom, if God can hear everything on earth, can the people in heaven hear everything on earth? (Chris' response because I was dumbfounded a bit: what do you think?).

I love their questions and I hope they keep asking. My brain is just adjusting to actual stimulation and stress and hopefully I'll be able to continue answer honestly.

And just in case you thought they were just sweet little prophet children, they also have changed the lyrics to Hamilton's "Helpless" song to...well I'll just let you listen:


Yes, that would be "Buttless," in case it was unclear.

Have a great long weekend!  I'll be back Monday night for the weekend wrap-up.



No comments:

Post a Comment