Friday, July 12, 2019

A Picture Update: Summer Week 5

Holy moly, guys, this week was a doozy. Callie’s performances of Alice @ Wonderland were last night and two shows today and it was so fun! But EXHAUSTING. I helped with the full rehearsals on Wednesday and Thursday AND the show last night. It was a lot of hanging out backstage and telling squirrelly 3rd-8th grade actors to BE QUIET. Callie was mortified and I told her to just tell her friends that I’m a teacher and using my teacher voice. So she did. Ha!

Anyway, more on that later. 

On Monday, Maya decided to enroll Luna in her own little PET ACADEMY (thanks to a toy set at Target's Dollar Spot).



Then we hung out outside since it was nice (and hot).



On Tuesday, Maya, Luna and I did a tour of parks around the neighborhood.



Then there were dentist appointments, needy dogs, and ever expanding HAIR.



On Wednesday I sent Maya to Boom's house so I could help with Callie's rehearsal. Cuteness abounded, as always.



G-ma sent a picture of the cute doggy cousins, and Callie rocked footie jammies in July.




Yesterday Maya and I were both at the rehearsal all morning. Maya did a great job sitting in the audience watching the rehearsal process, while I helped out backstage. We got to reconnect every once in awhile.





As for the shows- opening night was last night.  I helped out before the show and back stage so I had an interesting perspective.



There were so many people there to support Cal! 

Peter, Amy, Auntie Yoda, G-ma, Auntie Hanna, Uncle Dan, and Pa!

She had two shows today- one at 2:00 and one at 7:00.  Again, so many people came to see her theater debut. 

G-ma, Maya, Auntie Cat, and Pa!

Papa, Pa, Uncle Gus, G-ma, Nana, Auntie Karen, Boom, Daddy, and Madison!

She's a lucky kid, and we really appreciate everyone who was able to experience the craziness that was "Alice@Wonderland." Unfortunately, I can't post any video due to copyright enfringement.  But trust me when I say, it was something else! :) The whole experience was so fun for Cal, and she wants to do it again next summer.



Now she has 1.5 days to recover before heading to overnight camp on Sunday for 5 nights!  Uffda!  

Have a great weekend! And just for fun- I’ll leave you with a picture of all the bouquets our little actress received these past two days.







No comments:

Post a Comment