Saturday, September 15, 2018

The Story of a Haircut

This is completely stupid and totally unrelated to either child that this blog is supposed to be about.

And with everything happening in the world, it is a completely self-indulgent, first world problem whine session. Forgive me.

This is about the haircut I got today. On a whim. 

Look at what my hair was...a disaster.


You can maybe guess where this is going.

So I wanted to get it shorter. I found a cute picture of a model with curlyish hair like me in a cute bob cut.


The stylist (who I’m pretty sure was very new) gushed over my curls. She cut it dry (which no one has ever done before). She went slow. Methodical. Lots of pulling at strands on either side to make sure they were even. There was talk about texture and layers. And then I got a nice hair wash and head massage and conditioning treatment. 

And then she diffused my hair. If you don’t know curly hair lingo, a diffuser is attached to a hair dryer to make curls curlier and less frizzy.

But you guys...THEN SHE COMBED THE DRY CURLS OUT.

Again, if you don’t know how curly hair works, I’ll explain to you that combing curls out, and adding lots of product, and doing some weird fluffing and more combing, makes short, curly hair look like this:


Which reminds me of a meme I LITERALLY JUST FOUND on the internet and saved:


So...just to recap:


I paid the $65 (GASP) and came home, wet my hair down, re-diffused, and got out my curling iron.



I think it is salvageable. And maybe even looks kind of like what I had wanted...?


I will have to continue experimenting with my various hair taming instruments.

In the meantime, I’m jealous of my bald husband and the 0% of his time he spends making his hair look decent. And that is a good excuse to repost our fancy family picture from Dan and Hanna’s wedding since it shows off his bald head (and our two cute flower girls...and my awesome dress). 


Thank you for allowing me to vent about something so utterly ridiculous. 

Hopefully in future pictures you will be able to tell that I figured out how to tame my tresses in the appropriately hip bedhead style of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment