Friday, August 10, 2018

A Picture Update: Summer Week 9

Editor’s note: Aaaaaah! Sometimes the app on my phone just doesn’t save all the work I do and posts half done posts instead of everything and it drives me bonkers. So this is take 2 (from my computer now) of this post. I’m glad I checked it an hour after I posted...

Well, guys, I gotta say that the unstructured summer life is driving some of us crazy.  I think the structure and routine of work and school will help us all...um...enjoy each other a little more...

Like for instance, my newly aged 5-year-old has held me hostage in numerous occasions: refusing to wear her seatbelt, refusing to pick up garbage (see pic below), refusing to do much of anything I ask her that she doesn’t want to do...so at this point I’m hoping kindergarten will be a good kick in the pants for her. 

But then also she makes me cute papers with my name all over them in drawing class...so...????



Ok the rest of the week: Monday we hung out downtown in the morning!



These girls are THE GOOFIEST!




Untitled from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

That night Auntie Cat took the girls overnight so Chris and I got to go out to dinner and a movie for our anniversary. 



On Tuesday we just kinda hung out. The girls' new favorite game is "traffic" where they line up all the things in the garage (and then refuse to put them away without arguments).  And then at lunch they totally went bonkers asking Alexa to play songs about farts and poop.  And I got video evidence.




Untitled from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

The girls had their yearly well-child checks on Wednesday morning (all is well!) and Maya had fun looking in the waiting room's goofy mirrors.


That evening we went to Nana and Papa's place for a BBQ and fundraiser raffle.  A lot of Gosselins came and it was a fun night with family.  And we were pretty lucky in the raffle: Callie won pillows, Maya won a fairy lantern, and Pa won a Root Beer basket and Panera gift card!




Yesterday we did some biking and more chilling at home.

And lunch at Panera with Pa's gift card! Thanks Pa!
The girls have also taken an afternoon drawing class all week, and had fun making some cool art.


I got to be a little lazy in the afternoons...along with some errands and meeting friends for coffee.  Luna helps me be lazy...but also gets me out on walks!


She also helped me drop the girls off at camp one day.


This morning the girls and I went to my coworker's house to have coffee and play time with a couple coworkers.  There were six kids there from 2 to 9 years old.  It was a little crazy but they had fun!


Today we spent more time in the pool...which was more time for CRAZY.


Have a great weekend!


Untitled from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment