Our first stop was an 8am 9th grade volleyball game. Our goddaughter, Christine, had a tournament near our house. We hadn't seen her or her parents for a LONG time so it was great to go and catch up! Also, she is nearly 6 feet tall!
The girls had fun watching volleyball, and felt really special when Christine waved at them from the court. And now, of course, Callie wants to play volleyball!
Then we stopped for donuts (them...ok and me too...) and coffee (me) before getting a car wash.
Then there was dance class. Callie had tap, and later she was deemed the "assistant assistant teacher" for Maya's class. It was adorable.
Speaking of Maya, this might be one of my new favorite pictures. That girl is such a stinker. At the beginning of her class she wasn't following along at all. So I decided to leave the room for a bit (she likes to give me a sly smile when she knows she isn't listening), and as I was leaving I heard Ms. Connie say, "Maya, if you want your gummy bear at the end of class, you have to dance."
Then we played outside (see Maya in the video later) and got to babysit Lucy!!
We took her to the park, fed her dinner, and then I took her home for bedtime.
My favorite pic from our time with her is when the girls were all swinging/pushing at the park.
This morning is the Twin Cities Marathon. I'm always a little reflective on Marathon morning. It was 9 years ago that I finished the marathon. In the pouring rain. Kind of like today. We went to church this morning and I had to snap a picture of Maya in the parking lot, so proud of holding her own umbrella.
After lunch we headed out to Nate and Kaela's house for their daughter Adelay's 1st birthday party!
September is over and I made my Cincuenta September goal...barely.
I need something new for this month...so I decided on SHREDTOBER. My goal is to do a level from the 30 Day Shred workout DVD every day this month.
It focuses on building muscle and core strength as well as cardio, but in short circuits for 23 minutes. Totally doable at 5:15am. So there we go. The every day thing has me nervous...we shall see.
Here is a video wrap up of some random things from the weekend.
The Lynx play tonight. It is a must win or their season is done. Send some positive vibes to them starting at 7:30pm CST. GO LYNX!
10pm Update: THEY WON!!
No comments:
Post a Comment