This week marks week #1 of three different spring breaks in our household. Technically Maya is on break, but she is going to release day care on her normal days so it doesn't make a difference for her. I have one more week of work and then break. Callie has two more weeks of school and then break. Whew!
This week's pictures are as follows:
Monday- Maya hung out with Boom.
And by Monday night she developed a nasty cold that kept her home on Tuesday. Chris and I split up sick duty. She was pretty darn miserable, so there was lots of resting with the iPad.
By Tuesday night she perked up a little bit.
The girls found a bunch of old glasses frames I had from a WarbyParker tryout that I never sent back (years ago). And they have been wearing them off and on since. Callie wore them to school a couple days this week too. I definitely have NOT.
Maya hung out with G-ma and Pa on Wednesday and Thursday.
Tonight Callie had a HUGE meltdown about the temperature and texture of her macaroni and cheese. While that would have been typical of her as a 4-year-old, not so much as a 7-year-old. So I had a hunch that something might have happened at school. When she calmed down and I asked her about it, she didn't want to talk about it but agreed to write about it.
So apparently her two friends were tackling her.
7-year-old problems are rough.
We talked through about how she felt and what she did and what she could do next time. We haven't had to deal with lots of social drama yet, and I really hope that we can use small situations like this as learning opportunities. Being a high school teacher, I see all the mean girl stuff up close and personal. And working in a K-12 school I see how young some little mean girls can be.
Anyway. Parenting is always an adventure, and you just hope and pray you aren't messing your kids up too badly.
Have a great weekend.
Update: 30 minutes later
And then you find an unsolicited apology note on your bed and think that maybe you are doing ok after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment