Sunday, January 8, 2017

Weekend Wrap-Up

You guys, this weekend. Our children were not awesome. Especially our newly-turned-7-year-old. Her mixture of major attitude, ridiculous selective hearing and emotional mood swings made for some very frustrating times. And then the two together- holy moly. I teach high schoolers so I know this is nothing, respectively. But it was exhausting for us anyway. We need to work on patience. And stamina.

Anyway, since the rest of January and early February is going to be crazy, so we took advantage of having a pretty chill weekend. 

Yesterday I went out and ran in the cold. 

 
It really wasn't bad once I got going. I just had nice frosty lashes when I was done.

I didn't take a single picture of the girls yesterday.  See my explanation at the top of this post for why. 

Last night Jenna and I went out to dinner and to a comedy show about being a mom. It was hilarious, and a much needed night out.

 
Any moms with little kids out there- look up #imomsohard on Facebook or YouTube. So funny.

Today was church and then hanging out downtown with Boom, Auntie Mari and Auntie Yoda. There were dressing fancy and doing puzzles and vacuuming and watching Elliott and helping Uncle Craigles paint the baby's room.

 
 
Tonight there was "quiet time" in separate rooms, dinner, and then Maya became a hair dresser for the family.

 
So that's that. Let's hope this week's attitudes take a turn for the better, or we are all in for it.

 
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment