Sometimes life gives you opportunities to take a gander at your life and get a little perspective.
Remember how I was so whiny yesterday about 3-year-olds? Yeah. That. I don't need to whine about that anymore.
Sometimes, in my job, I find myself working with students (and their families) who may be in crisis. A lot of times the crisis is due to some sort of mental health issue.
I love my job, but some days are tough.
When I picked Callie up today, she was outside on the playground. They called for her to come in on the walkie-talkie and I got to watch her through the glass doors as she came in to get her stuff. She was so happy and carefree, bounding and skipping up to the school building. And it made me tear up.
Because I'm so grateful (as much as I might complain or vent) for this stage of life we are in right now. We still have so much control and power when it comes to our girls' health, well-being, and safety.
I see first hand the effects of when that is no longer the case, and it is hard.
So today, I feel gratitude for having these two little ones in my care. It might feel exhausting and aggravating at times, but I'll take it.
No comments:
Post a Comment