Sunday, February 14, 2016

Weekend Wrap-Up: The VALENTINES Edition

First off, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY.  There was A LOT of love this morning.


I regret the decision to say "Ok, now give each other a hug!"  You can see it didn't go well.  Poor Maya still has a bad cough and stuffy nose, and just wasn't having it this morning.

But let me back up to yesterday, when she woke up still rocking the constant stream of snot under her nose.



We kept it really low key...she wore pajamas all day.  Callie had dance, and then later wanted to do a "Spelling Bee."  So we did, and she rocked it.


Uncle Dan babysat the girls for us last night so we could go out to dinner.  He took them to Southdale to play and have dinner.  While they were there, both girls wanted to pose like the model on the picture.



On our date, it was hard to go wrong with wine, margaritas, and fancy cheese curds.


So back to this morning...the girls were excited about the little Valentine's Day gifts I got them.  At first I was thinking about having them be from the "Valentine's Fairy," but then I was like...NO!  I should get the credit for giving them these gifts.  So that's what we did.


We went out for breakfast bagels, where poor daddy was across the booth by himself because it is ALWAYS 3-to-a-seat-with-mom for these girls.



This afternoon I went on a lovely snow shoeing adventure with my mom and Mary.  It was truly awesome, and what I hope will be the start of more outdoor adventures together.

Our posed shots (including a hot chocolate break when we were pretty much lost in the woods):



Because we were a little lost part of the time (we like to blaze our own trails, ya know), we spent lots of time snow shoeing UP hill, and then back DOWN hill.  At one point going up a very steep hill, my snowshoe slipped off, so I had to carry it up with me until it was flat enough to put it back on.  It was quite the adventure!


But in the woods it was quiet and peaceful, and just what we needed today.

Later on, the girls got some Valentine love from Boom, G-ma, and Pa...



 ...and then Boom took Callie home for a SLEEPOVER!!!


Maya got Mom and Dad to herself tonight, and I think she kind of loved it.


I'll leave you with Callie reading one of the jokes she got from a Valentine's card from Aunt Mary and Uncle Larry:


IMG_3043 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment