Monday, October 6, 2014

The Pony Evolution

There were some giggles over Maya's ponytail this weekend. 

Some comparisons to Pebbles Flintstone.

Big eyes, squishy cheeks, high pony...ok, I see the resemblance.
So it got me thinking about her signature hair style, and got me curious as to when it actually evolved.  Because, while she did come out with a lot of hair, she didn't always have her adorable pony.

And it is hard for me to picture her now without it.

So I went back into my picture archives to do some research.

Her ponytail began its life in mid-May, with only a sporadic appearance throughout the rest of May and June.

Top left picture: Her first ever pony.
Once July hit and her hair was long enough to get into her eyes if not taken care of, the pony was a regular occurrence.

Of course, there were days that did not include a pony.  There were some sideswept days, some headband days, hat days, and even an occasional tiara day.  There was ONE day that we tried the pigtail ponies, and it has not been attempted again.

I'll give you 5 seconds to find the pigtail day and figure out why
that hasn't happened again.
I think she looks sweet in all the other hairstyles (or bedheadedness), but she just isn't quite MY Maya until she has her pony up high.

PONY PRIDE
I'm waiting for the day when she starts ripping out the binder or refusing to let me put a ponytail in.  But until then, I'll continue to enjoy my little Pebbles Flintstone doppelganger.

1 comment:

  1. Well at least you have an idea for Halloween this year.

    ReplyDelete