Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

First off, today is my grandma's birthday!  Happy Birthday Great-Grandma!!!!!  More on how we celebrated with her later. 

FridayI wanted to clean up the DISASTER that our house has been the past couple weeks, so Chris took Callie to see Sydney, Dave and Cherilyn.  Callie got a play date and I got a quiet house to clean.  It was a win-win.


Saturday
St. Patty's Day!  Chris had a training all day so Callie and I headed to the condo.  We had a fun day that started out with a 7K race around downtown.
After the race, Callie and I showed off our rockin' St. Patty's day ensembles.

 Then, my dad drove my grandma to town so we could see her and celebrate the upcoming birthdays!  She brought Callie an adorable talking Teddy, that Callie now adores.
After a delicious lunch (first grill-out of the season!) we ate amazing chocolate cake that my mom made.

Saturday evening we were back at home and decided to make pizzas!  With a 2-year-old, everything becomes a project she can "help" with.  It makes things take MUCH more time, but can (sometimes) be MUCH more fun.

Unfortunately, this bite of pizza is about all she ate of it.
Food battle, going strong.
Then we took a jammy walk before bedtime.

Sunday
Chris, being the amazing husband/father that he is, took the (once again stuffed up and runny nosed) toddler to the zoo so I could finish some stuff up around the house and have some time to myself and NOT clean.  I also went to my friend Adrea's house and we finalized and BOOKED a 4-night trip to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico in June...to celebrate our upcoming 30th birthdays.  Once we got the email confirmation that it was booked, our faces looked like this:
So Excited!!!
The rest of the day was spent meandering outside in the beautiful weather, playing, and taking a crack at making another meal in hopes that she would eat it.  On the menu: taco salads!  She put a couple spoonfuls of rice, a spoonful of corn, a spoonful of beans, some shredded cheese, a spoonful of sour cream and a dollop of guacamole in a bowl, mixed it around and...ACTUALLY ATE IT!!!!!
SUCCESS!!!
I have one more week until spring break...and I can't wait.  This spring has been busy so far, and I decided to make it busier for myself by signing up for another half marathon on June 3rd.  I convinced Laura to do it too, so I'll have a training buddy.  Did I ever mention that she is moving back here?  We are all VERY excited.  Auntie Yoda rocks. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, the food battles are underway at our table too. And little man has officially mastered "no!" so that makes it extra fun! Ugh....

    ReplyDelete