"You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance." ~Franklin P. Jones
"Having a two-year-old is like having a blender that you don't have the top for."
~Jerry Seinfeld
Friday
The Cute-Callie/Crabby-Callie show started the moment I picked herup from G-pa on Friday afternoon. Drama. So. Much. Drama. And by drama, I mean Crabby-Callie engaging me in a 5 minute screaming battle to get into the car seat. And then, two minutes later, Cute-Callie was asking me so very politely to turn on her favorite song ("Eliza Jane please Mommy!").
And then, at home, Crabby-Callie came out again with MULTIPLE episodes of flinging herself onto the carpet and screaming. And then Cute-Callie was on display at the party at my school. She had a blast running around, playing with other kids and dancing during the student talent show. (I apologize in advance for the obnoxiously loud Justin Bieber music in the video).
Saturday
The two Callie's were out in full force again, switching up faster than we could keep up with. But we did manage to make real "wuffins" with Cute-Callie using a recipe from the Muffin Cookbook Boom gave us for Valentine's day.
After a relatively brief nap, Chris and I were totally okay with sending Callie with G-ma, G-pa, and Auntie Cat for an overnight. They had a blast swimming at the Y and playing with the only Callie that was around for them: Cute-Callie (of course).
Meanwhile, we had a date night- dinner and a movie. And then stayed at our favorite B&B. It was an evening of relaxation that was VERY much needed.
Sunday
Today was better. More Cute-Callie appearances than Crabby-Callie meltdowns. Thankfully! We picked Cute-Callie up from G-ma and G-pa's house late morning and brought her home just in time for nap time. Then after some play time, Cal and I headed for a little shopping outing and dinner while Chris went to the T-Wolves game.
So that about sums it up. We are trying to predict the unpredictable and I sometimes catch myself thinking "Who IS this crazy child??" when she has thrown herself on the ground for tantrum #347 of the day. But then, she does something adorable like sitting in the middle of her puzzles and patting the ground next to her saying "Come, Mommy! Come!"
So the third quote I found is spot on.
"Even though your kids will consistently do the exact opposite of what you're telling them to do, you have to keep loving them just as much."
~Bill Cosby
And we do!



Sounds much like my day with Harper today. Except getting him into the car also included hair pulling, hitting and kicking (on his part). :(
ReplyDelete