We went to church on Sunday and Pastor Chris' sermon was about surrendering. More specifically, surrendering control. He used many different examples of this, one of them being in parenting.
It could not have been a more perfect message for me.
I've blogged about this challenging toddler business before, and the lack of control is what is getting to me. Big time. Why can I not control this little person? I am a teacher. I should be able to figure this out. And yet I have seriously NOT been able to.
So I've just finally came to the conclusion that, despite by irrational thoughts that it shouldn't be, parenting is hard. Even with a relatively easy kid like Callie. It is totally new territory- we are learning as we go, and she is doing the same.
Pastor Chris ended his sermon by saying that surrendering is a process. A habit we have to practice. So everyday I'm praying for a little more patience, and a little less need for control.
My mind keeps coming back to this Sara Groves song, "Remember, Surrender." If you have a few minutes and want to hear to a beautiful, peaceful song, have a listen.
Thank you for reading this blog, and in turn, supporting us through this phase in our lives. :)
Kati, that's amazing! I love how God meets us right where we are and totally blows us away! :-)
ReplyDeletelove, Cat
Oh friend...I hear ya! Just this morning we had a full on tantrum about...I have no idea what it was about, actually. And that is the definition of toddlerhood, right? Having desires and wants and no words to communicate them (or the resultant feelings when those wants are not met). Ugh, everyone is left frustrated. I try to remember that this - the process - is the teaching. And the learning. Hugs to you!
ReplyDelete