Sunday, January 8, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend was blissfully not busy.

We basked in the ability to stay at home.  To play.  To watch movies.

At least on Friday night, when we had a Care Bears and popcorn party.
"Stop bugging me, Mommy, I'm trying to watch Care Bears!"
Then came Saturday morning.  We'll call it Crabby morning.  Or Toe-Nail-Clipping-Battle morning.  Or Drama Queen morning.  It was slightly rough on everyone involved.

So we went to get coffee (for me) and a muffin (for the drama queen) and shopped at Target.  Then I solicited some help carrying in the groceries.
"Look Mommy!  I help!"
After a 3 hour nap (THANK GOODNESS) we headed to Southdale to ride on the choo-choo.
Holding tight to her choo choo ticket
This morning was MUCH better.  We played with all of the animals.
So many friends!
And then we had brunch.
It's Daddy!
And another three hour nap (THANK GOODNESS).  Then we went to visit Auntie Cat at her new house.
Housewarming gift...toys for Callie

Playing Cat's 'tar
Finally, we headed to the evening church service where Callie proceeded to talk really loudly during all the quiet parts, including things like "Church Done!"  And "Boom!  Flute!"

This two-year-old stuff is kind of crazy.  Her ability to understand what we say and communicate her needs is awesome.  She is so smart and learning new things every day.  I love it. 

And yet, her ability (desire?) to actually listen to what we say and follow directions at times is...less than awesome.  So we're working on it. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of the 3 hour naps. This weekend, both days, we got one hour. Barely. Ugh...I used to be jealous of your guitar-playing skills, now I'm jealous of your toddler's nap length. We are so old. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha...oh dear. It took awhile when we transitioned from 2 naps to 1 to get the 3 hours, but now she's pretty solid with it. Hopefully he'll get there...??

      Delete