Friday, January 6, 2012

Melt My Heart

It has been a rough transition going back to work.  For me because I have to get used to spending full days away again.  For Cal because we're back to the wake-up-early-rushed-crazy-frantic morning routine.  This morning she threw gigantic fits about wanting to eat her cereola and then NOT wanting to eat her cereola.  And then wanting to eat it.  And then not wanting to eat it.  In and out of the high chair.  Lots of screaming.

So much drama...that apparently she saves for her Mama, because (thankfully) she is lovely and adorable with Gma, Gpa and Boom. :)

But despite the 2-year-old behavior, I've missed her these past few days.  Like crazy.

So while Chris is out tonight, I decided to stay in and do a "movie night" with my little toddler.

And just now- mid movie and totally unsolicited- she leaned over, hugged me, and said "Love you Mommy."

As you can imagine, my heart just melted.

I'm glad it is the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment