Callie has had a N-A-S-T-Y nasty cold the past couple of days, and due to her extreme crabiness this morning, Chris and I decided to tag team today instead of putting Grandpa through a day with a grumpy toddler. She slept with us for part of the night last night because she was coughing so much in her crib. Minimal sleep was had by all.
But by 9:00 we already needed a change of scenery, so despite the possibility of massive meltdowns, I decided to get out of the house and run some errands (errand #1: coffee shop).
Anyway, we survived public meltdowns (just had ones in the car, I can handle those). But during a time in the car when she WASN'T throwing a massive fit, she melted my heart.
A little background information: We've been working on her saying "Love you Mom/Dad" back to us when we say it to her. She said it to Chris on Tuesday night without being prompted. But I haven't been lucky enough to have that happen yet.
So back to the car ride. I was working on the "Love you Mom." I said "Love you Callie", with no luck with the response. So I said, "Say 'Love you Mom'". And she did.
And then continued this (with only minimal prompting from me):
"Wuv you Daddy.
Wuv you Boom.
Wuv you Bops.
Wuv you Pa.
Wuv you Gamm.
Wuv you Cat.
Wuv you Uka Dan
Wuv you Wawa.
Wuv you Wawi.
Wuv you Kona!"
So there you go, family, we wuv you.
It is this, the possibilty that my toddler may say he loves me (and say other hilarious/ridiculous things), that will get me through the toddler years. Again, there is a reason babies/toddlers are so dang cute!
ReplyDelete