Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

I'm having a hard time believing that it was already MEA break...how is it the end of October?!?!?!  But regardless, I was very glad to have a 3-day weekend.  About a month ago, Chris and I picked this weekend to plan a mini getaway.  It has been a crazy two months with the accident, school starting, and general fall madness.  So it was so lovely to escape to Stillwater for a night and relax.  And, because of my day off, I had the added bonus of having Friday morning for extra Callie time so I didn't feel as guilty leaving her for 24 hours (though the guilt is always there a little bit).

Friday:
Callie and I spent the morning shopping at Target and looking for pine cones outside.
Pine cone?  Ah ah you?

On Friday afternoon, after nap time, we dropped Callie and Kona off with my parents and headed to Stillwater for our date night.  We got to do a wine tasting, walk around downtown, have a nice dinner AND go to a movie!  It was so great!  We stayed at the same B&B that we stayed at on our anniversary before Callie was born.  It was fun to think back on that time...because it was at this place that we figured out the name "Callie" was the frontrunner for Baby Goose.  Anyway, we had a very relaxing time and I'm thankful that we had the opportunity to spend time by ourselves.  Thanks Boom and Bops!

October 2011
 Just for fun- here we are in August of 2009 at the same place...

Puffy, fat pregnant face!

Saturday:
After a delicious breakfast delivered to our door, we headed out to go car shopping!  Stay tuned...we haven't quite decided/agreed on the car we want, but we're getting there.

Callie and Kona had a fun and busy morning with Boom and Box.

Sunday:
We had a pretty lazy day.  Did some chores.  Did some errands.  I did manage to make a batch of my mom's potato corn chowder soup that was NOT a hit with the toddler (too many vegetables, possibly?) and homemade applesauce that WAS a hit.  Even though she was making her "crazy eyes" again.

We also visited Auntie Mari for a bit, where Callie does a really good job of showing Mari how NOT toddler-proofed her place is.  But they have fun together anyway.

Then we went to Gamma and Pa's house tonight for family dinner and hang-out time.
Kona's Bed The book nook

Hanging with Uncle Dan

Destroying Looking at the pictures
As I look at our calendar for the next few weeks, I realize that the fall is not going to slow down.  Oofta.  Or as Callie would say, repeating me, "Oosta."

No comments:

Post a Comment