Somehow it is already Sunday night! We had a pretty calm weekend, which was much needed. On Saturday morning I enjoyed a pretty early morning run, Callie helped Auntie Cat clean her canoe (and got a portaging lesson!), and Maya, Luna and I had some downtime on the couch.

Later, Maya took a pretty sunset picture while Cal and I joined Boom at the last minute for a preview show at the Guthrie. It was great!

Today we headed to Auntie Yoda and Uncle Criagles' house for an early birthday lunch for Boom!

Tonight we enjoyed some outside time and enjoyed the cooler fall weather.

Later, Maya took a pretty sunset picture while Cal and I joined Boom at the last minute for a preview show at the Guthrie. It was great!
Today we headed to Auntie Yoda and Uncle Criagles' house for an early birthday lunch for Boom!
Tonight we enjoyed some outside time and enjoyed the cooler fall weather.
Today also marked the end of Callie's softball season (2 weeks early) because it was just causing too much angst and stress. The team she ended up on was way too advanced for her (with her having no experience and the rest of them having played together as a team for years). It was becoming a lot of daily management of hard emotions and negative self-talk, and it was just not worth it during an already stressful time of year.
I'm really proud of her that she lasted 3 weeks, and went to practices 2 times a week and had 4 games, even when she really didn't want to do any of them. She's still interested in honing her softball skills in a more casual and less competitive environment, so we'll see how that goes. She made a friend on the team who lives really close to us, so hopefully she’ll be able to see her regularly too.
Parenting is just one big adventure where you never know if you're doing the right thing! But she has been so much happier since the decision was made, so I think it was the right call.
Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment