Friday, June 19, 2020

A Picture Update: Summer 2020 Week 2

Happy Friday!  Another week sped by.  Going into summer I was pretty nervous about how it was going to go- having no activities, etc.  But overall (so far) things have gone fairly smoothly. There are definitely times when I want to pull my hair out and get some space and alone time, but thank goodness for good weather and neighbor kids to play with outside every day.  

Anyway...Luna and I had a nice quiet start to our Monday morning and Maya joined us too.  Then, we took a trip to Target.  This was the girls' first trip anywhere inside in public since early March.  Thanks again to G-ma for the cute masks!  Then we spent more time outside.


On Monday evening we went over the Auntie Cat's house for a campfire cooking experience.  We made bannock (sp?), a sweet bread cooked over the fire.  It took a few adjustments but by the end we got in the groove and it was yummy! It definitely looked like cooked fingers and toes, though. Ha! 



We went to Logan Park on Tuesday (it was HOT), and it was fun to get a change of scenery from our yard.


Later we went over to G-ma and Pa's house for some sprinkler time and snacks.  We got to FaceTime Mitchell too!



On Wednesday the girls posed in front of their "Zombie Apocalypse" shelter and Maya organized a bunch of shoes.  On Thursday Callie and I started reading together the young-adult book about the history of racism and the anti-racist movement called "Stamped From the Beginning.”
It is really engaging and I think it will be a good discussion starter. Then I made homemade Cauliflower Buffalo "Wings" with homemade bleu cheese dip.  DELICIOUS.


On Thursday night there was a huge rainbow over our house!



This morning we went downtown to go on a walk with Boom and then play in her house a little bit- again, the first time since early March!


This afternoon we went to Uncle Richie’s to check out their play system...the hope is we’ll get it to our back yard sometime soon!


Tonight before bed the girls read outside. It was so lovely to be outside in the quiet and just hear the birds chirping.


I’ll leave you with some videos from the last week...
click here!

I found that last video clip on our Ring app and loved it because it shows what a little hugger our Maya is!

Have a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment