Most of the students I work with struggle with mental health in some way: depression, anxiety, suicide ideation, self-harm, borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder, OCD, etc.
One of the things my job continues to remind me is to practice gratitude. I have not dealt with too many mental health issues in myself of others close to me, and I have seen first had the struggles of parents and students who do deal with those challenges on a daily basis.
So I thought I’d share this beautiful visual by Mari Andrew I came across a couple weeks ago. It is a reminder that gratitude is something that needs to be practiced, not something that just happens.
This time of year is hard for teachers (and students too, for sure). So to model the practice of gratitude, here are some things I’m grateful for:
*Happy, healthy, and exuberant children
*A spouse and partner who is the best dad ever
*Family and friends who are truly amazing and supportive rockstars
*A job with incredibly supportive administrators and coworkers who are also my dear friends
*Students who are hilarious teenaagers that make me laugh on a daily basis
*The fact that it is nearly the end of May and SUMMER IS COMING (12 school days left, but who’s counting?)
*Wine- specifically Rosè during this time of year. The bubblier the better
So that’s my gratitude list. What is yours?
No comments:
Post a Comment