Monday, June 22, 2015

Five-and-a-Half

I am going to be completely honest here and say that I am really struggling with this 5.5 year old.


The word I have used to describe her lately is RELENTLESS. Physically relentless, verbally relentless, emotionally relentless.


There are times when she wont stop touching me or Maya or Chris. It drives me nuts. 


She is a "last word" kid. Her ability to argue about anything makes me think we will have another family lawyer in 20 years. 


Her latest thing is to say something like, "I don't like anyone in my family" or "No one loves me" when she is redirected or called out for something. And since she is an impulsive 5.5 year old, it happens a lot.


And now here is the part where my logical brain kicks in and I know that it is completely unfair for me to write all these things. My own ability to deal with parenting and life is totally compromised. My patience level is shot and my exhaustion level is high.

But when I thought about writing about five-and-a-half I knew I couldn't fake it. So here you go. Adorable pictures with real frustrations and the acknowledgement that times are hard and we are pushing on as best as we can.


No comments:

Post a Comment