Here I am. Trying to be normal.
The Weekend Wrap-Up is my longest running regular post. I just can't not do it. Despite the unbelievable crapstorm of the past 17 days, good things still happen every day. Things that are worthy of being photographed and shared.
This post won't be as wordy or organized as in the past, but here is something.
Amidst all the chaos of our lives personally, the renters in our old house moved out the first weekend of May. So...Chris has fully taken on everything there is to take on in terms of getting it ready to sell. I have had nothing to do with it (I don't even have the brain power to remember if I ate lunch, let alone anything that has to do with trying to sell a house).
This weekend, our amazing village came through for us. Again. For the five millionth time. G-ma and Pa spent ALL WEEKEND there. Yesterday we had a huge crew of dudes (so many guys...thank you all!) breaking down a retaining wall and rebuilding it. G-ma, Hanna and Mari painted and did other things inside. Pa did many other miscellaneous jobs. It was unbelievable how hard everyone worked for us. I'm so incredibly thankful.
Boom, the girls and I stopped by in the afternoon to bring ice cream treats and water. Then we went to the park that we went to often with Callie when we lived there.
Because of the other house, Chris has been gone a lot. It has been hard, but it has given me quality time with the girls.
And don't you love that pillow??? My friend Amanda embroidered it for me. I sent her a picture of Callie's handwriting, and she made the pillow case. SO ADORABLE.
Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers. I know so many people are still thinking about us and praying for us and we still feel it.



No comments:
Post a Comment