Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

The last week and a half passed in a blur...a blur in which I had no idea what day it was or what was happening the next day.  Or next hour.  We would drive somewhere at 5:00 and I'd be confused about why there was so much traffic, and then realize it was a Wednesday, and most people were going about their regular lives.

It is so confusing...disorienting...when your regular life gets completely turned upside down all of a sudden.  It doesn't make sense to you that other people are still able to live their "normal," when you and your family aren't.

So here we are, today, on Mother's Day.  Our first family holiday without Dad. 

We met at Mari's apartment at 9:30, and then went to walk around the nature center nearby.  It was a chilly (but beautiful) morning.  The girls loved running around the paths and exploring the fallen trees.


We walked almost a mile (maybe?), and took a girls picture on our way out.


We picked up lunch from the co-op, and then Chris and I brought the girls home for toddler nap time.

This afternoon, my mom, sisters, Callie and I treated ourselves to pedicures.


Then I got some quiet time with my two crazies at home. I apologize in advance for the "see food" pictures.  They were excited about their new gluten-free cereal bar snacks.


Tonight we went over to have dinner with G-ma, Pa, Nana, Papa, Dan, Hanna, Boom and Auntie Cat.


Our "normal" lives start again tomorrow.  Both Chris and I go back to work.  Maya is going to Boom's.  Callie is going to preschool. 

But we know that now all the things we had to focus on are done, we have to start figuring out a NEW normal.  And that sucks big time.

I'm not sure what the new normal will be on this blog, but I do know that I won't be able to go back to business as usual right away.  So, while I still plan to post regularly, I don't think it will be any TBTs, FTPDFs or Weekend Wrap-Ups.  I can't go back to a normal that doesn't really exist any more.  At least not yet.

I hope all the wonderful mothers out there had a lovely day.  We are blessed with so many great women in our lives, and I'm thankful for that.

Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment