The business of co-parenting is not at all sweet and romantic.
I mean, pretty often you DO look at your kids with amazement and think how cool it is that they came from both you and your spouse. But other times you look at them with bewilderment and secretly blame your spouse for all of the kids' crazy (knowing full well that it was PROBABLY your genes that caused a lot of the crazy).
And realistically, the day-to-day parenting stuff is just two people in survival mode trying not to mess up their little ones too much and trying to keep their own sanity in tact.
AMIRIGHT????
Last November I posted a round of texts between Chris and myself that were anything but sweet and romantic.
Well, it continues. Here are Parental Texts, Part II.
***************************
Chris: Leaving to come home.
Kati: We are fine. Just a lot of screaming coming from upstairs.
***************************
Kati: I'm cleaning Callie's bathroom and it is taking every ounce of my being not to puke.
Chris: Sounds like fun.
***************************
Kati:
Chris: What am I looking at?
Kati: Something that totally freaked me out when I walked outside.
***************************
Chris:
A big ol stinky gross poop woke me up.
Kati: Silly girl.
***************************
Chris: Is Callie off the potty? See if she wants to go to Sam's Club for free samples.
Kati: She said no.
***************************
Kati: She got 4 poop chunks out. Probably equivalent to a medium school bus*.
Chris: Sounds fun.
Kati: Both girls in bed. Maya is already out.
Chris: Dang.
***************************
Chris: (from upstairs) Do you want any wine?
Kati: (from downstairs) I have some thanks.
***************************
*I'm not even going to try and explain this. Just know that we have our own poop language over here, and pray that you never have to learn it.
No comments:
Post a Comment