Friday, October 17, 2014

FTPDF

Happy Weekend!  It has been a long week for me with 2 nights of conferences, but I got today off.  Whew.

I feel like I haven't done a girls update for a couple weeks.  Let's see...they have both been passing their snotty cold back and forth for the past month now, and this week they both had it at the same time.  So that was fun. 

Callie is frustratingly emotional and freak-outish at times, and heartbreakingly sweet and hilarious at times.  Typical 4-year-old stuff (I hope).  She would wear footie pajamas all day every day if she could.  She fights putting on coats and socks pretty often.  I'm not sure if she is just trying to hang on to summer that much longer or if she is trying to get used to all the layers again.  She continues to love preschool (and her friend Henrick, who we have a play date set up with next weekend).  It is fun to hear stories from her teachers about when she is social with the other kids and initiating interactions with them. 

Maya is on the move...occasionally.  She seems to forget sometimes that she can walk independently and still seems to prefer crawling if she wants to get somewhere fast.  But she is so proud of herself when she remembers, stands up, claps for herself, and then takes a dozen steps across the room before wiping out.  It is so fun to watch, but can get stressful because we have to watch her like a hawk now more than ever so she doesn't take a corner of a coffee table to her forehead (or something like that).  The other thing that is hilarious about her is when she is holding something she really likes, she will sit there and literally shake her whole body with excitement.

On to the pictures...

Favorite Thing #1: Fun at Boom's house
(See something funny in the bottom right picture?  Maya is enthralled
with the window washer outside)
Favorite thing #2: I got a couple of visitors during one of my conference nights.
Also, I straightened my hair (I usually wear it up and curly), and one of my
students looked at me and said, "Wait, are you Mrs. Gosselin???"

Favorite Thing #3: 2nd Annual Preschool Apple Orchard Trip
 
Favorite Thing #4: Hanging out at G-ma and G-pa's house
Favorite Thing #5: Lunch with Boom, Bops and Auntie Yoda,
Playing at home
Favorite Thing #6: Hanging out at Josh, Alison and Avery's new house (and
finding out that Avery is going to get a little brother in February)!
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment