Friday, December 14, 2012

Heartsick

I can't do a Favorite-Things-Phone-Dump Friday post today.  Not because I haven't taken pictures or can't think of favorite things from this week, but because all of those things have been completely overshadowed the the tragic shooting that took place today in Connecticut.

I work at an elementary school.  It is where I spend the majority of my time.  The children there are the reason for my life's work.  My colleagues are dear friends.  
 
What happened today is unimaginable.  I have spent today in shock and in tears and angry.

At my heart I am a mother.  Words can't even express how much my heart is broken for the mothers and fathers and families in Connecticut right now.  

It is Friday- the weekend- which means I get extra time to hug and kiss and love my sweet girl.  But it will all be so bittersweet because I'll be constantly thinking of those parents who can't.
 
So I will constantly pray.
 
As I was on twitter today I came across this blog post.  I had never read the blog before, but this post sums up pretty much exactly what I am feeling.
 
http://extraordinary-ordinary.net/2012/12/14/i-cant/

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment