Today I entered my 30s. It was as wonderful day. I got all sorts of sweets at work. My 5th graders managed to pull off serenading me with the birthday song on their own. Chris and Callie sent me birthday texts/pictures all day. Facebook messages poured in throughout the day as well. We had dinner with both families (missed you, Laura!). My mom made a delicious pink lemonade birthday cake. And though Chris has training tonight til 10, he's bringing me home a bottle of wine to have before bed. I am one lucky 30-year-old!
But what makes April 24th more special, is the fact that it was early in the morning THREE years ago that we found out we were having a baby.
And now that baby is a little girl who loves her some cake (her concerned face in the above picture is regarding the fact that cake was being passed around the table...and not in front of her).
Thanks to all for the lovely birthday wishes, texts, phone calls, cards, messages. I feel very loved. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment