Friday, March 20, 2020

A Picture Update

Well hi everyone.  It is Friday, right?  It is hard to tell these days.

We are in social distancing mode.  We are hunkering down at home, with some outdoor breaks as we can.  Chris and I have made a few random trips to stores, but that has been it.

This stuff is all scary and unnerving and my anxiety is a bit high over the whole uncertainty of it all.  But I keep telling myself ONE DAY AT A TIME.

So here we go...a look at our week.

Monday was my last day to go in to work.  Chris was home with the girls, and they also went over to G-ma and Pa's for the last time in who knows how long.  On my way home I stocked up on necessities, and then we just accepted that immediate family member social distancing was just not a thing. ;)



One of the positives of this way of living (i.e. stuck at home and also working) is that I have a more flexible schedule.  I started out Tuesday with a sunrise run.



And then we started our first day at home with two working parents and two kids to keep entertained. The girls and I created BINGO boards of different activities for them to complete (i.e. read 20 minutes, dance party, Legos 20 minutes, baking something, outdoor break, do 1 chore, etc).  So that kept them mostly busy.  We also did a Google hangout with Boom and Auntie Mari!



During my run on Wednesday I came across this on the sidewalk. Then there were more BINGO activities like Harry Potter yoga and more outdoor time.  And we FaceTimed with Mitchell and Hanna!



Thursday was more of the same, with the added excitement of all the birthdays.  The girls set up their desks out in the play room, made brownies, totally destroyed the playroom, did some pushups, and Luna was high maintenance (but cute).



After our workday we did the birthday celebration.



And then went out to play in the rain...followed by FaceTiming, Boom, Auntie Mari, and Auntie Yoda, Lucy, Mila and Uncle Craigles for a "virtual" birthday party.



This morning I did some major bribery to get the girls to clean upstairs.  It is always quite the ordeal, and didn't really go anywhere because neither of them are capable of cleaning without losing their minds.  So...we'll have to work on that. Other things we did: hang out with Luna, sanitize, outdoor “recess” at a distance with the neighbors, and a virtual birthday party with G-ma, Pa, Auntie Cat, Uncle Dan, Auntie Hanna and Mitchell!



I'll leave you with some videos of the girls doing read alouds (one of their BINGO activities).  Click here for Cal's story and click here for Maya's story.

Stay safe, stay home and wash your hands this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment