So I have been flying solo (with some help, obviously, from the grandparents and aunties). But the early morning and bed time stuff has been all me...and the in and out of cars and shuttling around and errands and house stuff, etc...me.
I'm tired. And thankful that it is a limited time experience.
Luckily, the girls have been pretty fantastic. I was worried after Callie's MAJOR attitude last week, but she chilled out and has been pleasant to be around again. Phew.
As for the weekend...it was busy. On purpose.
Saturday
*We played at home and ran errands. Then I took Cal to dance class while Maya slept at Boom and Bops' place.
*We continued the grandparent tour, and headed to G-ma and G-pa's house for the evening. Callie helped Pa make pizza and Maya did a whole lot of playing.
Sunday
*This morning was Christmas Program #2 at church. It was...something else. Callie didn't really participate and Maya wouldn't sit with me in the audience. Instead she insisted on running up to and playing on a little staircase that was right next to the area where the Christmas program was taking place, so I had to be right there with her. By the end, both girls and the Held kids were all in that area and not really paying attention to the program. It was kind of hilarious. Shenanigans, I'd say.
![]() |
| Thank you Aunties! |
*After picking Callie up from her Aunties, we headed home for a quiet night of playing, watching "Grinch" for the 2nd time this weekend, dinner and an early bedtime. At one point while playing, Maya stopped, looked at me, and signed "milk." So I went to get her a bottle and she sucked it right down. It is SO cool to see her be able to communicate her needs.
All in all, it was a good weekend as a girl trio.
![]() |
| But we can't WAIT for Daddy to come home. We had to send him some pics of his girls to remind him that even though sleeping in and hanging out with buddies might be fun, we are MORE fun. Clearly. |
![]() |
| Hiding in a kennel.......perching in the tree........looking in a mirror...........sitting with the china |
![]() |
| Cooking croutons in the kitchen.......hanging out with all the animals........visiting the princess castle |









No comments:
Post a Comment