Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Our Bedtime Routine

There have probably been thousands of blog posts about sleeping (or not so sleeping) kids written by bloggers.

I have been one of them.  We have had our fair share of sleeping issues, especially when the little one was a new baby.  Our older one was a good sleeper as a baby, but provided us with some good nap avoidance stories too.

But really, compared to so many other kids I have heard about, our bedtime routine has always been pretty short and sweet and solid.

These days, Chris and I have it down to a science. 

6:15-6:50ish: Play upstairs: Wrestle...read books...write words...fly off the couch...etc.



6:50-7:00ish: Get ready for bed: Toothbrush...potty...diaper...etc.

Then, as of lately, Callie joins Maya for her book before bed.



7:10ish: Callie sings her a song or too before heading to her room, and I finish rocking and singing with Maya. Chris gets Callie into bed.

7:15ish: I put Maya down and then head to Callie's room to say goodnight. We sing 5-8 verses of the "Banana Song."  You know the one: "Daddy daddy bo baddy, banana nana fo faddy, me my mo maddy, DADDY!"  Then she asks to hold my finger and I stay up for a couple more minutes snuggling in bed with her.

7:20ish: We are done and don't usually hear a peep until at least 6:30am.

Doesn't that sounds nice?

Now that I have thrown all that out in the universe, Maya will probably start going through a major sleep regression and Callie will probably start refusing to go to bed on time or start waking up at 5am.

So I guess I'll soak it in while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment