Friday, November 14, 2014

FTPDF

Happy Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like I haven't seen the girls much this week (including being pretty busy last weekend), so I'm so glad to have a couple of days off without many plans to just spend quality time with them.

Callie is SO fun to talk to these days.  The stuff that she comes up with is both hilarious and smart and inquisitive and almost adult sounding.  Tonight at dinner she asked, "Have you made a decision about having a third child?"  Um...WHAT????  I have no idea where that came from, though I guess she was looking at the Disney "A Christmas Carol" book, which shows Tiny Tim's family having 3 siblings.  Hilarious.

Also, I am having so much fun teaching her how to read.  On Wednesday night I started writing a story that had decodable words and some easy sight words.  The girl is so smart and she remembered many of the words when we re-read the story tonight. 

Favorite Thing #1: Teaching my big girl to read


IMG 1105 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.


Maya is cruising around like nobody's business.  She still looks pretty wobbly when she walks, but is actually pretty stable.  I don't anticipate her running anytime soon, but it is nice that she wants to get around by herself more now.  She is becoming so verbal (with baby babble language) and it is adorable to listen to.  She also loves giving high fives, as evidence by this video.

Favorite Thing #2: High fives for Daddy and Kona


IMG 1046 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

On to the pictures for the week...

Favorite Thing #3: Winter Storm "Astro" was a tad disappointing, though
it did get me the afternoon off and a chance to play with Cal in the snow.

Favorite Thing #4: Playtime at Southdale
Favorite Thing #5: Along with reading, she loves to write
"Maya is special"

Favorite Thing #6: Taking a baby selfie is becoming more of a process

Favorite Thing #7: Hanging out with Boom, G-ma and G-pa
Favorite Thing #7: Playing at Edinborough
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment