Monday, December 16, 2013

Poop Shapes QOTD

Disclaimer: You can probably see from the title that this post is going to be about poop.  If that is not for you, come back another day. 

So it is no secret that potty training Callie has been H-E-doublehockeysticks.

We're STILL in the figuring out pooping phase...16 months after starting the process. 

She has definitely made some progress- she doesn't freak out or scream when she has to poop any more.  She doesn't really refuse to go on the potty much either.  But she still does, what we call, pooping in her butt (which I realize doesn't make much sense) that requires a change of underwear or two a day.  I won't go into details, just know that she goes through lots of undies in a week.

Anyway...a princess-related-poop miracle happened yesterday that MAYBE will help us turn the corner into full blown poop-in-the-potty awesomeness.

She was on the potty yesterday, and pooped.

Callie: MOMMY!  I POOPED OUT A TIARA!!!!! COME SEE!!!!!!

And sure enough, her little poop was shaped EXACTLY like a princess tiara.  I'm not kidding.  I thought about taking a picture to show you all, but figured that you'd probably rather I didn't.

So now she thinks that pooping is like a game- WHAT SHAPE WILL COME OUT NEXT???

So far she's pooped out a mitten, a pumpkin, and even a tea pot. 

But apparently sometimes it is not a shape.  I asked her today if she pooped at preschool, and she said yes.  I asked what shape, and she replied, "It wasn't a shape, it was just a poop."

Before you are a parent, you never imagine that you'd ever find yourself in a situation where you are asking someone what shape their poop is.

Parenting is awesome.  And a little gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment