Monday, December 2, 2013

Oh, Christmas Tree...

Chris and I both had real Christmas trees each Christmas growing up. 

Chris remembers how they would all go and find the perfect tree to cut down themselves.

I remember how each of my sisters and I had our own box of ornaments to put up on the tree.

But for all of our married life, even since we have had Callie, we have never gotten a real tree.  We have had a little fake one for 7 years that, even though it had lights and I put ornaments on it, was never the same as a real tree.




Well, this year in our new house, we have PLENTY of space for a real tree.  So we went out yesterday to get one.  We put it up and got the lights on it last night. 
You may notice Coo-Koo, our "Elf on the Shelf," at the top of
the tree.  More on her later...she deserves her own post.
Then tonight after work, we got out my box of ornaments (from childhood), put on some Christmas music, and went for it.  Our tree looks fabulous (as do the two little girls under it!).


I'm really looking forward to the rest of the Christmas (and 4th birthday) season and all of the wonderful things it will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment