We finally have internet! It feels good to be back online and in the 21st century. :)
I don't have much to write at this point besides we have spent the week unpacking and settling, and it seems like it will never be done. Part of the problem is that unpacking is something that is not at all interesting to a toddler, and a 38+ week pregnant person needs to nap when the toddler naps. But we'll get it done...slowly but surely.
We're learning the nuances of this new house. Like it is bigger than we are used to- so little people/dogs can easily hide. It is a total cell phone battery sucker. Doggie paw nails click and clack loudly on the main level floors (so you'd think that she couldn't get lost too easily, but she is enjoying finding her hiding spots). Having bathroom options makes an unwilling toddler a little more willing to try going potty when she has a choice of WHERE to go. Having an actual kitchen table means we can start being consistent with kitchen table rules (in order to keep the toddler in her chair and eating instead of running all over the place).
That's about all I can think of now, though I'm sure there are other things. But all in all, it already feels like home and we are thrilled.
I took a few pictures to share...just remember we are still in the unpacking process. :)
 |
| The front |
 |
| Back yard |
 |
| Porch |
 |
| Kitchen |
 |
| Living room |
 |
| Master bedroom |
 |
| Callie's room |
My next two big projects are the mudroom and front closet, and of course, Hamsie's room.
I go to the doctor tomorrow for my weekly check-up, so fingers crossed that Hamsie has stayed put and is still head down. Sometimes it seems like she is, but other times it seems like she has moved again. I'll be glad to know for sure. Her due date is 9 days away!
No comments:
Post a Comment