Except for the little 3-years-going-on-13 attitude we've got going on these days. HOLY MOLY. Let's just say that our little toddler is teaching us patience beyond our wildest imaginations. I don't think that even makes sense, but I hope you get my drift. PATIENCE.
And Pastor Mary's sermon tonight was all about forgiveness...it was pretty appropriate. At one point she had us picture someone who we needed to forgive, and the only face that popped into my head was my lovely daughter's. She has been testing the boundaries and disobeying the rules on purpose this weekend and we have been at our wits' end. So, her face was in my mind when Pastor Mary told us forgiveness is about these three things:
1) PRAY and BREATHE (deep breath in...deep breath out...REPEAT)
2) Don't be the first to try and get even or get justice- give GRACE
3) Have PATIENCE
So...that was a pretty perfect message for me as we head into my first week staying home with her.
Wish us luck. :)
Anyway, on to the weekend...
Saturday
We had a mommy/daughter (decaf) coffee and muffin date.
Later we went to George and Isaac's annual summer party- it was raining at first, but it obviously didn't matter! A fire truck came to the party too!
| Dancing in the rain |
| Playing with George |
| Sitting in the fire truck |
| A new "computer" from Bops |
| Playing at the Guthrie |
| Popsicles! |
Sunday
| Cuddles for Bops on Father's Day |
Later, we went to G-ma and G-pa's house and hung out with Pa, Auntie Cat, Uncle Dan, Nana and Papa. I am large and pregnant, so I did a terrible job of taking pictures, but I managed to snap one of Cal and Pa playing at the sand table.
And that's all I got for today. We went to church tonight, and then Chris and Cal went home while I went out to eat with Boom, Bops, Auntie Yoda, Auntie Mari, Bob and Barbara.
Hamsie Update: 35 weeks. Approximately 5.25 pounds and 18 inches long. I'm trying not to freak out thinking about how little time is left. Though, as I've already said a bunch of times, I can't imagine getting bigger for another 5 weeks. My sausage feet are currently best friends with our basement recliner. I'm SO HOT all the time. I'm so glad that it hasn't gotten hot until just recently. Seriously. SO HOT AND
No comments:
Post a Comment