This weekend went by WAY too fast. Probably because we had a blast!
Saturday
Before brunch for Grandma's birthday, Cal and I checked out the new Southdale play area while Chris did some work.
I was mortified, however, when I took off her shoes and realized she was wearing 0-6 month socks.
I have no idea how that happened or where they came from or why they weren't put away like 2.5 years ago. But they somehow ended up on her feet and I was just hoping other parents wouldn't notice and judge me. Though I kept telling myself that no one is going to look at the bottom of a random kid's feet, I still had the anxiety. Regardless, we survived and Callie had fun.
Saturday night we headed to the Koch's house for dinner. We hadn't been there for months, and this time Callie was big enough to just go off and play with Christine without us having to supervise her. It. was. Awesome. I went and peeked at them after a bit, and found this adorable scene:
and then promptly heard, "GO AWAY MOM!"
So I went. Somewhat gladly.
Later, they continued their adorable little duo and played with homemade play-doh.
Thanks to the Koch's (and especially to Christine!) for a fun night!
Sunday
We had the typical morning of Sunday School, Bruegger's lunch and nap time. After nap time we headed to an indoor water park with the Helds. I, of course, was only able to get a picture of the backs of the toddlers as they were running by.
They were having way too much fun to stop for a picture. I got to hang out with Miss Mabel for a bit but she wasn't too keen on me taking her picture either.
So we all hung out in the pool instead and I didn't get any more pictures the rest of the night.
Lil G (trying a new nickname out to see if I like it...thoughts?) is now 13 weeks along, three inches long and weighs about an ounce. They say he/she is as big as a medium shrimp. One more week til 2nd trimester! Can't wait!
I'm surprised the 0-6 month socks FIT!
ReplyDelete