We made it through the weekend, though there were points that I didn't think that would be the case. Between Chris' shoulder recovery, Callie's nose, and my general pregnancy exhaustion, we were quite the group. Once again our families stepped up and stepped in and Callie had sleepovers Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights at either the condo or G-ma and G-pa's house.
When she has a cold, her normal sweet disposition is completely overtaken by some sort of monster creature. I'm not kidding- because she spent so much time with family during the whole ordeal, we have witnesses to the terror.
And here's where my mother's guilt comes in.
1) I know that she is completely miserable. It was obvious by the amount of crap coming out of her nose and how red and chapped it was.
2) I know that when I'm that miserable I am crabby too.
3) But I could seriously NOT handle her attitude with everything else that was going on.
4) And therefore, I felt SUPER guilty because I'm her mother- the one who is supposed to be able to comfort her the most, and I just couldn't handle it.
Ugh. But she got lots of TLC from other family members and I was able to concentrate on helping Chris recover and also rest myself. So once again, THANK YOU Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie Cat, Boom and Bops. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
We did manage to get our hands on a couple of pictures from the weekend.
| Dancing to a Tangled song |
| Sleepy times at G-ma and G-pa's house |
Chris has been drug-free since last night and trying to keep it that way. He's hoping to get back to work tomorrow but he can't do that if he's still on drugs, obviously. We'll see how it goes... there is still a lot of recovery that needs to happen. He's been able to take his arm out of the sling but it is still pretty painful if he tries to move it around. It is still a big improvement from the past two days.
As for me, I'm just tired. My nausea has lessened quite a bit, but the exhaustion is still pretty constant. Hamsie is 15 weeks along today and I'm looking forward to (hopefully) starting to feel him/her in the next few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment