Friday
We met friends for dinner (where I ordered a margarita that I was thinking about all day long) and watched the T-Wolves game.
Saturday: Sewing Day!
Cathleen and I have been working on making p.j. pants for ourselves for awhile now...and we finally finished them yesterday. Thankfully we had G-ma's help (and G-pa on toddler duty), and got to make a little pair of matching pants for Callie too. It was a blast!
Callie also showed off her reading skills by reading to G-ma and Shorty.
Later, Chris and I got to go out to dinner (a new fancy place in our neighborhood) while Dan and Anna babysat. It was weird to eat a meal without worrying about entertaining a crazy toddler. And kind of great. Callie decided to use the hour that we were gone to poop, so Dan and Anna got the joy of dealing with that. Auntie Yoda- you're really due for one now! :)
Sunday
We decided to do a family baking project- Blueberry Muffins! And by baking, I actually mean putting together some sort of baking MIX. We're not that fancy, though I'm told actual muffin baking isn't that difficult (right, Boom?). Anyway, we got the stuff and got to work:
| Mix and Stir |
| Add the blueberries |
| Get the muffin cups ready |
| Watch them bake |
| Yum! |
I'll let her tell you about it...well. She sort of talks about it. Mostly she is just focused on eating it. She also mentions chicken and I have no idea where that came from.
This afternoon we went to the condo and hung out with Boom and Bops.
Then my dad and I went to the T-Wolves game and saw them come close to beating the Lakers. Thanks Dad!
Oh man...I feel like I need another day off. While doing a good job of having fun and relaxing, I didn't so much do a good job of actually getting stuff done around the house.
Oh well.


What is this new fancy restaurant in the 'hood?! Aaron's birthday is coming up - we're aiming to go out babies-free to celebrate!
ReplyDeleteIs it weird that I find your daughter eating a muffin ridiculously cute? Because I do.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun project- Teddy always demands to see what I'm doing when cooking, so I don't think this is too far off for us either!