Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up: The 25 Month Old Edition

It is the 22nd. A certain toddler is now 25 months old!

We had a fun weekend. We also continue to get used to this terrible 2-year-old phase.  It comes with SO. MUCH. DRAMA.

Friday
Speaking of drama, this sums up my Friday morning.
Sometimes you just gotta laugh and take a picture.
I had already planned to drop Callie of at my mom's a little before nap time so I could have some "me" time.  She was, of course, just fine for my mom.  I got coffee, a pedicure, and some new clothes.  It was a lovely few hours for everyone involved.

Friday night we went to a carnival that Mari's boyfriend Josh recommended we go to.  It was great.  Callie got to dance a little bit, play a "snowball" game, and make a penguin bookmark.

Saturday
We headed to the condo on Saturday morning.  We went on a little outing to the Guthrie, so Cal could run around and be the well-cultured toddler that she is.
Endless bridge with Bops...brrr!
Hanging in the Guthrie
 That night we went to G-ma and G-pa's house and did lots of playing and reading...and even some tapping.
Playing with Lami
Reading with G-ma

Reading with G-Pa
Bandana hats with Daddy and Kona



Sunday
We had a SUPER fun outing this morning to the Como Zoo and Conservatory.  We got there shortly after it opened, so it seemed like we had the place to ourselves at first.  Callie had an awesome time seeing all the toys for the animals.  Did you think I was going to say animals?  Nope, she was way more excited about things like the balls in the penguin exhibit.  Or the toys in the monkey exhibits.
Daddy talking smack to the monkey
Hello Seal!


Big Polar Bear

The Zoo in the Winter

Callie and the Red Poinsettas
The rest of the day was spent relaxing at home.  We had a successful potty chair experience!  Nothing spells motivation for a toddler like Mickey Mouse on the ipad (while on the pot) and a sucker (reward for pee in the pot!).
Look Mommy.  I peed in the potty!
 Auntie Cat came over for dinner, so they had fun being silly together.

And the evening ended with the most gigantic blowout we've had in a long time.  (Back story: Toddler hadn't pooped for like 4 days.  So today I had the *genius* idea to put baby food prunes in the freezer and call it ice cream.  Toddler loved it.  3-4 hours later...success.) 

2 comments:

  1. hahahahaha...ok the end of this post cracked me up! At first read I thought "blow out" as in epic tantrum. I was quickly corrected. Hil.ar.ious. At least for me reading it (and not living it). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee. Yes. It was a 2 person job with an added bonus of a bath to clean it all up. Whew!

    ReplyDelete